In many ways, this year’s Pancake Breakfast was the most successful yet:
- The $6,763 net proceeds (a 37% increase over last year’s) will benefit our favorite charities.
- Approximately 40 volunteers worked prior to and during the breakfast. Volunteers performed a variety of tasks including setup and tear down, serving food, delivering flyers, selling tickets and sponsorships, etc.
- We served a record 619 breakfasts.
- Lions purchased and donated 30 tickets to Bethel Elementary School. School social workers provided the tickets to pre-selected underprivileged students and their families.
- A unique twist came from Carrie and Richard Tucker. Imagine Church purchased 141 tickets to be included in Thanksgiving food baskets. The church supplied 50 needy families in the Clover area with an envelope containing tickets to the Pancake Breakfast.
- Fast Frog Bakery was onsite supplying cookies for decorating.
- Father Christmas with his new sleigh and winter backdrop made for great family photos.
- AND other activities galore: Balloon twister, magician act, face painting, ball throwing Point Zone air house, Kidsight vision screening, York County Sheriff’s Office Mounted Police, Bethel Fire Department with two fire engines, York County fire safety house (educational opportunity for children), York County Sheriff ‘s Office K-9 and the River Hills EMS.
Many thanks to all who volunteered and bought tickets. We’re already looking forward to next year’s event!